Regionally Led Global Research Network for Horticulture
Horticulture Research Network
A research network and think tank for horticulture innovations and global food systems transformation
Welcome to the landing page for the Horticulture Research Network, regionally led by the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Horticulture Regional Hubs Management Teams based in East Africa, West Africa, Central America and South Asia, and supported by a network of global partners.
We are in the initial phases of planning, locally determining the priorities and needs within each region, and seeing where we may align and forge partnerships for collaboration, in order to address and contribute to pressing food security and nutrition issues of global concern.
To help us identify areas of interest, potential commonalities and areas where we can collaborate, and determine next steps, the following questions to consider might include:
- What resources would be helpful to you?
- What would the areas of foci be?
- Are there any emerging areas of research that we are particularly interested in?
- Are there any gaps in the current research that we feel could benefit from further investigation?
- Are there any challenges or problems within our respective fields that we could work together to address?
- Are there any shared methodologies or approaches that we could use to explore new research questions?
Key areas to consider may include (but are not limited to):
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Gender equity
- Risk mitigation
- Private sector partnerships, policy-change
Once we have identified areas of interest, we can discuss the logistics of forming a new research group, including goals, timelines, and communication strategies. We can also identify potential funding sources and discuss ways to disseminate our findings and engage with the broader research community.
We look forward to learning more about your interests, supporting you with whatever educational resources we can provide, to help you grow and develop in your research career and future endeavors.
Interested in learning more?
Reach out to the following person of contact in your region:
Dr. Peninah Yumbya email@example.com
Dr. Naalamle Amissah firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Freda E. Asem email@example.com
Julio López firstname.lastname@example.org
Krishna Sapkota email@example.com